You are here: Our Work
The Society carries out a wide range of activities to meet its charitable and organisational objectives: to promote the study, conservation, propagation and cultivation of cacti and other succulent plants.
- Our educational activities widely distribute all kinds of information about cacti and other succulent plants in our horticultural journal, CactusWorld, which, together with the society website, are excellent places to get cultivational advice.
- We provide opportunities to talk to both experts and novices from all over the world our online forum and at regular, local branch meetings.
- We distribute seed annually and, from time to time, propagations of new discoveries for the benefit of growers and to support conservation activities.
- We also publish a range of informative books and leaflets another prime source of cultivational information.
- We encourage and fund conservation projects around the world,
- We encourage and fund research into the biology, propagation and cultivation,
- Many of the technical results of this work, together with other research, is reported in our technical yearbook, Bradleya.
- We maintain an nationally recognised group of trained judges who work with both specialist society shows and more relevant classes in general shows across the country.
The links to the left give more details on all these aspects of our work.